[Stoves] scoping out a practical solid fuel stove igniter

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Wed Jul 9 11:38:56 CDT 2014

Crispin et all of the igniting discussion,
Re the aacell gum wrapper battery idea what few clips of it i saw howed not just a puff and a spark but ignited paper which then burned for several seconds over the length of the wrapper foil, seems sufficiently widely diffused and of sufficient duration to obviate the need for an added liquid fuel--at least for igniting a small front of biomass .  Your suggested capacity of 150 such lites per battery which could be recharged by ?? a thermo-photovoltaic cell integral to igniter unit or the hand cranked generator but then we are moving to just use such with a capacitor as mentioned earlier --and a dramatically reduced level of access/consumer/consumption..

At what level doeth one choose to fly one's development airplane eh ?
Richard

Sent from my iPhone