[Stoves] Geopolymer, ceramic like cookstoves

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sat Jul 12 17:14:40 CDT 2014

 Thomas, robert e al;

 Potassium aluminum silicate is I think Kaolin clay no ?

The smart thing is that you Bob HAstings seem to be  integrating a c of low denisty non structural but  highly  insulative material with a shell of harder more structural material which is either  cast into the insulative shell by use of secondary exterior mold  or perhaps you just paint the harder slurry material on to the surface of the insulative core material. Kobus Venter and Rok Oblak and probably a hundred others have experimented with the same thing in years past but you have managed to nail it down:   Clever stuff and all the best to you…
Cheers,
Richard  Stanley

On Jul 12, 2014, at 2:13 PM, David Young wrote:

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 10:53:50AM -0600, Ronal W. Larson wrote:
> 	4.  It seems likely that the main new key feature of your work is what you have called “Ksial”.  Could you explain more on when that will be available from you.  Is it proprietary?  What is behind this most unusual word?

I took it to be K Si Al, Potassium Silicon Aluminum.  Possibly those are
major constituents of the ceramic?

Dave

--
David Young