[Stoves] Fwd: briqetting charcoal dust and fines with fibers as binders as alternative to starch.

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 21:30:22 CDT 2014

Dear Richard,
we have designed a rural biogas plant that uses green leaves as feedstock.
It takes about 10 kg green leaves to produce 1 kg biogas. The midribs and
veins of leaves, constituting about 50% of the dry weight of leaves remain
in the digester as non-digested debris, which has to be periodically
removed from the biogas plant by opening a drain valve at the base of the
digester. This debris consists of softened fibres which can be used as a
binder in making briquettes of both charcoal powder as also of sawdust.
Yours
A.D.Karve