[Stoves] The wood and char and fuel "debate" (was a long time ago called Re: Request for technology proposals - Clean Stove Initiative, Indonesia)

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Wed Mar 5 09:58:48 CST 2014

Hello Michael,

sorry for the late reply,but perhaps not too late.

Pelletizing is expensive and tricky. It demands for very clean feedstock.

Most small pellets are too small for gasification.

Did anybody check the aptitude of cubes for gasification?

Cubing is a somewhat forgotten method of biomass densification at a lower density level, but generally with larger dimensions.

We saw some examples of cubers in a Beijing(?) stove exposition some time ago.

Also check this:  http://www.novator.se/bioint/BPUA12Pres/10_BPUA12_Crane_Wang_MUYANG.pdf

Hope this helps

Rolf