[Stoves] Calc. void space and pellet particle density

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:00:04 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I have turned to chipped wood in some TLUD designs thinking that the
embedded energy favors chipping rather than making sawdust and compressing.
Does anyone have thoughts on quantifying the difference?

A pick up load of chipped wood is about $30 in Oregon and I imagine that
amount of wood to last a winter of cooking. Aprovecho Research Center is
moving to a new 5 acre rural campus and eventually I'd like to see a TLUD
powered cabin using chipped home grown biomass, no electricity.

Best,

Dean