[Stoves] Cuber and size of densifying machines

Crispin Pembert-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Mar 14 10:14:55 CDT 2014

Dear Richard, Robert, Chris A and Anh

Can rice hulls be baked in a process that causes the lignin to be released but no evaporated or destroyed, and have it glue itself together with that when cooled?

I am thinking of compressing it into a large block using weight on top, then heating it as a retort using some of the available hulls. The product would be a giant chunk that could be sawn by hand into shapes.

As long as it involves energy that comes from wasted hulls, and machines that are no-wear, it might make for a partially densified product that would survive handling.

Robert and Richard,

Vietnam used to have problem with excess rice husks at mills too, but now they all make rice husk briquette, pellets so it turn from waste to tradable goods. We have many rice husk pellets makers here for both domestic and export.

As far as I know, dealing with high abarisve silica in rice husk require a much more expensive equipment. Low cost rice husk briquette machines can serve well for simple tasks such as daily cooking or simple commercial/industrial production.

Anh