[Stoves] Pellets in Uganda was Re: Cuber and size of densifying machines.

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 16 14:12:26 CDT 2014

Dear Yibo,         and to Ron and all,

It is great to have direct contact with colleagues in China, especially
those who can communicate well in English (sorry that most of us have no
functional abilities in Chinese).

I call your attention to the PhD program at the University of Illinois,
with attention to Dr. Tami Bond who has some of the best credentials
anywhere for studies with gasifier stoves.

I am Paul Anderson, PhD., a retired professor from a near-by but
different university in Illinois, so I have no personal influence about
acceptance of PhD candidates.  But I would love to work with you, even
if informally.

Advice:  WHAT your propose to study in your PhD work is extremely
important.   If it is of sufficient interest to others, the funding of
your studies is much easier.   If you have financial support from China,
then your situation is vastly different (and easier) than if you are
also seeking money.   Please send further information about your
possible topic(s) and funding options. You can reply privately to me,
but I believe that sharing your info with others on the Listserv(s)
would be of benefit to you.

By the way (to Yibo and all), there is considerable interest in the USA
about *_heating _*with woody biomass/pellets/etc,. including a possible
special week at Aprovecho this coming summer (probably mid to late
July). Research about gasifiers (all types) for
residential/small-business heating could be a highly appropriate
topic.     (Yibo needs to inform us of his academic
specialties/trainings/interests.   He could be anything from a chemical
engineer to a social scientist with experience with TLUD stoves.   ALL
are welcome and highly needed!!!!!!)

Prof. Anderson

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com