[Stoves] Trials on TLUD gas burners + central cylinder

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue May 6 11:25:57 CDT 2014

Paul, Julien, List

	Here is an idea that might be worth trying with what Julien already has available:

	The central “buffer cylinder ” could be dropped all the way down to rest directly on the fuel bed. The bottom end of the cylinder should be closed - not open as in Jock’s work.   It should drop freely as pyrolysis causes the fuel bed to shrink.  It could be centered with 3 loosely-fitting longish screws top and bottom.  Not sure, but I think there is an advantage to having the “buffer” touch the charcoal

	There could be a way to get swirl using this “buffer cylinder”.  Maybe a heavy duty spring could be used  (both with and without bottom closure?)

	I have no idea what the right length of the buffer should be.

	The test could be run both with and without the washer-shaped concentrator below.  The test can be run with all of the A,B, C geometries I think.

	I still have hopes for “A” (the “rectangular” - with no outer lower “washer” concentrator), but with the new “buffer cylinder” replacing the previous central lower blockage.

Ron