[Stoves] Clinker Formation

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat May 17 13:36:58 CDT 2014

Dear Andrew

Wonderful things are possible on a small scale that won't work on a large
one like a boiler.

Run the exhaust up a bit and drop it down through an exposed metal pipe. The
buoyancy up will drive the cooler gases down. If the stove is well sealed
(as it should be already) the system has a cold and hot side and will
thermosiphon naturally. This is how the Rocket Mass Stove works on the
bed-heating side. (I hope that is the correct name.)

>If the exhaust had some secondary preheating function (on the way down)
>it could arrive in the lower end cool enough to do some good.

Yes the heat has to have done some work to drop the temperatures to <200C.
It's really only applicable to boilers.

AJH