[Stoves] Collaborative Stove Design Workshop

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:59:19 CDT 2014

Dear friends,

Renewable energy technology is developing quickly to mitigate global
climate change.  We don't have any time to lose if wood and pellet heating
technology is going to compete amongst the renewable energy solutions.

Pellet stoves and then automated pellet boilers were a huge technological
step forward.  We believe a next step may be affordable, automated wood
stoves to maximize the potential of the stove and minimize its
inefficiencies.

That is why we are holding the Collaborative Stove Design
Workshop<http://forgreenheat.blogspot.com/2014/05/collaborative-stove-design-workshop.html>
at
Brookhaven National Lab from Nov. 4 - 7.  Building off the very successful
Wood Stove Decathlon, we will test, assess and help improve up to 6
automated biomass heating stoves, who will be competing for a modest prize.
 Instead of a large event open to the public, this will be an intensive 4
days for 30 stove professionals to push the envelope of stove innovation.

Aprovecho is building a 'super-clean' biomass heating stove entry based on
cooking stove technology that is more advanced than current heating stoves.

John Ackerly
Dean Still