[Stoves] iCan Trash Can Style - very clean burning

Jock Gill jock at jockgill.com
Mon May 26 13:35:08 CDT 2014

Julien,

My hope for the combustion chamber concept  is that it will:

1. Increase residence time;
2. Increase turbulence/mixing;
3. Yield a hotter gas;

All of this will be helpful in minimizing creosote and soot.  A hot enough combustion chamber will ‘crack’ and burn the tars that would otherwise form creosote.

Good mixing and more complete combustion of the CO will reduce the ability of soot to form on cooler surfaces, such as pots.

Hence cleaner stack gases and cleaner cooking pots.

The proof is in the pudding.  I am pretty happy with the photo of the ‘pot’ bottom after 29 minutes over the fire.

As they say: Show me.  Don’t tell me.

Cheers,

Jock

Jock Gill