[Stoves] my confusion re climate change

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 07:06:10 CST 2014

Dear Stanley,
global warming and cooling have occured many times in the past. One
cannot just extrapolate the present warming trend into the future. The
polar ice cap has already melted to the extent of 50% and it will
disappear by 2020. Evaporation of water from the open sea has already
started to cause heavier snowfall in the circum-arctic region and it
would increase in the near future. The excess snow would take longer
to melt, resulting into cooling. I saw a presentation by BBC in which
the author claimed that by the year 2050, the cities of Moscow, London
and New York would be buried uder snow, because the snow would not
melt and would go on accumulating.
Yours
A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)