[Stoves] Very interesting Stove (Thailand?)

Jock Gill jock at jockgill.com
Sat Nov 29 17:18:50 CST 2014

I watched the video. Based on the essentially unlimited primary air,  I have to conclude the goal is pure mineral ash.

The insulation is interesting as the rice hulls should reduce to carbon and form insulating air pockets- sort of like foam.

If anyone knows how to reach the makers, it would be interesting to change the secondary air as follows:

1. Larger holes for better fuel - air ratio;

2. Put the three levels of holes on a 45 degree line, rather than vertically - as shown,  to increase swirling turbulence for cleaner combustion of the wood gases.

Otherwise it looks like a very nice TLUD indeed. Elegantly simple. Not having to dump out, quench, and store Biochar increases the simplicity very nicely.  It also will use less feedstock than a stove making Biochar. A version off this design that made Biochar is easy to imagine,  if the demand for such a unit develops.

I wish them every success.

Cheers,

Jock

Jock Gill