[Stoves] Help with rocket stove for Cameroon

Huck Rorick huckrorick at groundwork.org
Tue Oct 7 22:49:09 CDT 2014

Thanks for the reference.  I will read through it.  I haven't read yet so
maybe my question will get answered, but I recall Aprovecho saying that the
clay stoves (high mass, Lorena) were not very efficient, sometimes using
more wood than a 3 stone fire.  I saw some interesting clay stoves made with
lower density clay (made with sawdust that burns out in firing, or some with
vermiculite I think).  Fired clay is maybe not that great in our area since
they have no existing ceramic industry.  Anyway, we are early in the
exploration.

Huck