[Stoves] health impact?

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:00:58 CDT 2014

Hi Kirk - good thinking - I personally feel that if people are going to
continue to use woodfuel to cook and heat with in the future, specifically
charcoal and firewood - and even if its just for perhaps the occasional
Sunday BBQ in 2040, let alone everyday, woodfuel should be looked at as one
of many 'green' renewable energy options that compliment each other as
household energy sources.

I think that biomass cookstove manufacturers should be at the forefront of
investing in better holistic forestry practises and education for so many
reasons; mainly of course as source of fuel for their stoves in future, but
also for all the other positive trickle down ecosystem effects and
resources (timber etc) forests provide us.

It would even appear, according to this article below that tree's actually
even clean the air on a multi-billion dollar a year basis (
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/8279/20140728/trees-reduce-air-pollution-respiratory-problems.htm)
 - to me this opens a fascinating line of thought for integrating long term
urban planning options for cleaner enviroments, food and fuel production
etc. in cities like Nairobi - but basically it sounds like we all need to
plant soooo many more trees!

So if everyone on this email listserve plants and looks after even just
four $0.25c tree seedlings this year (stoves listserve card carrying
members get free tree seedlings from Cookswell Jikos if you are in Kenya) -
I guarantee you, it'll be one of the best non-direct cookstove investments
you can make for your kids while they tinker with stoves in 2040.

Cheers

Teddy

*Cookswell Jikos*
www.cookswell.co.ke
www.facebook.com/CookswellJikos
www.kenyacharcoal.blogspot.com
Mobile: +254 700 380 009
Mobile: +254 700 905 913
P.O. Box 1433, Nairobi 00606, Kenya

Save trees - think twice before printing.