[Stoves] health impact?

David G. LeVine dlevine at speakeasy.net
Mon Sep 8 14:38:20 CDT 2014

On 09/03/2014 02:03 PM, kgharris wrote:
> I asked a friend about this and he, being a retired high school
> teacher, said that the stoves must be accompanied by education.  Any
> thought on what education would be good?

While it would be a political and religious issue, family planning would
be a good subject in the agenda.

Economics (think a stove costs X units of currency and lasts Y years,
fuel costs W units of currency, the cost difference of fuel vs. the cost
of the stove results in Z units of currency over that period) would be a
good part.

Health would be another.  Use of a stove exclusively will prevent X
deaths per 1000 children.  Would it be a good tradeoff to save a child
instead of not having a stove?

Dave  8{)

advice."

Bill Cosby