[Stoves] Diesel as an excellent fuel for rural households

Ken Boak ken.boak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 09:09:43 CDT 2015

Crispin,

Any solid fuel - regardless of how finely ground will cause undue wear to
all moving parts of an IC engine - not to mention lubrication oil
contamination.

Simplest route is to convert biomass to a gaseous fuel and run IC engine
with a spark ignition conversion.

1.5kg biomass produces 1kWhe of electricity using gasification and spark
ignition route.

That gives biomass to electricity a 20% conversion efficiency - plus a load
of useful waste heat

No diesel required.

Ken