[Stoves] Inner color of combustion chamber?

imap gotsky larryw at gotsky.com
Sat Apr 25 00:38:13 CDT 2015

Dean
if the surfaces have low long wave thermal emissivity they will be better radiant heat insulators and the combustion cambers will run hotter. shiny surfaces generally tend to be that way however dull black color tends to have greater long wave emissivity.

shinny black nickel or black chrome make good selective surfaces for solar heat collectors(see farrington danniels)

My guess is that the inside of a hot combustion chamber would not stay shinny very long

God bless
Larry