[Stoves] Inner color of combustion chamber?

alex english aenglish444 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 12:26:29 CDT 2015

Dean,
I'm interested in how you would measure success. Lower particulates or
temperature rise?
Where on the scale of combustion chambers are you now. The thermally worst
being a cold water jacket that wicks all the heat away to the thermally
best being perhaps a reflective cerafelt.

If you had a steady state radiant flame from a carbon containing fuel
(something a TLUD is good for) and you swapped combustion chambers could
you get points on  graph? Would you then know if there a realistic gains to
be made pursuing better combustion chambers? I've always thought that these
basic questions could have answers with a controlled experimentation.

What is the excess air level in a Rocket stove? Is it safe to say that at
200% or 300% excess air the benefits of combustion chamber improvement will
be small?

You have some of the tools to put bracketing numbers around this topic.

Alex