[Stoves] ------ making salt just an aside

Rebecca A. Vermeer ravermeer at telus.net
Sat Aug 29 17:08:47 CDT 2015

Andrew, Trevor,
Tradition!  Tradition!  Bear in mind that the early salt makers of Ilocos Norte, Philippines were poor people with limited access to land and sea.  The craft of salt making has been handed down through generations  and I am glad to see that tradition survive to the present  despite  competing industrial scale production of the rich who can afford large tracks of waterfront land.  Anything we can do to preserve the livelihood of many people and our cultural heritage would be much appreciated.

Rebecca