[Stoves] [Ethos] Additional presentations at ETHOS 2015

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Feb 13 16:59:06 CST 2015

To all,

Thanks, Elisa, for the full program.   I note two things, for comments
later.

1.  I do not see the name nor topic of Jessica Tryner of CSU, but she
did present and she will be sending me a copy of the presentation, which
will also appear at the Website, as Elisa has stated.   When I have that
presentation, I will send comments.

2.  The topic of Sam Bentson's presentation is   "How to cheat the
WBT."   I do not like the title because the word "cheat" is too value
loaded.   Maybe "manipulate the WBT" or "modify assumptions about the
WBT" or maybe " How changing some variables of the WBT can result in
more favorable results."   The procedures are not changed, but some
variables can be changed, and there is no requirement to report the
changed variables when claiming Tier levels.

Whatever the name might be, I am interested in the content of Sam's
presentation.   Anyone who attended, please list out that variables that
were mentioned.   And Sam can be sending comments also, so we do not
need to wait for the materials to be at the website.

We who attended do know one of the variables, because Dean Still clearly
discussed it in his Keynote presentation.   Dean discussed the impact of
using 9 liters of water instead of 5 L in the WBT, to accomplish Tier 4
level of efficiencies.  And that change might have impacted CO and PM
reading also, but that was not stated.

When we have more information, we can have a more full discussion.
Please use new Subject lines that are specific to the topics of discussion.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com