[Stoves] Retort can inside TLUD gasifiers Re: Fine particles as fuel in TLUDs

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 08:04:50 CST 2015

Dear Crispin,

Our kiln is just an enlarged version of our Sampada stove. It consists
of two chambers, one inside the other. The inner chamber holds the
biomass, which is ignited from the top. The primary air is supplied by
holes at the bottom of this chamber. The outer chamber surrounds the
inner chamber, but there is a gap of 2.5cm between the two chambers.
Secondary air is supplied through this gap. We get about 30% char in
this kiln, whereas in the case of the oven-and-retort kiln, we got a
yield of only 20%. The new design works quite well with sugarcane
leaves, but with smaller leaves, the primary combustion can get choked
to congestion of the biomass.

Yours A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)