[Stoves] A continuous feed rice husk gasifier for parboiling 40 kg of rice?

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 09:08:25 CST 2015

[Default] On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:30:19 -0600,Paul Anderson
<psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> I believe that use of the rice husk as fuel is
>NOT the priority.   As Serge and Abraham have stated, the main concern
>is to reduce the use of large amounts of wood. Appropriately sized TLUD
>gasifiers with wood fuel (or Rocket burners of sticks) could accomplish
>the task of reducing the amount of wood being burned.   This would be
>with natural draft.

I found the concept of parboiling rice fascinating, little did I
realise that most of the rice available in UK is likely to be
parboiled, nor that the process actually "drives" useful chemicals
from the husk into the grain.

Whether rice husks or wood is used to fuel the process it does seem to
lend itself to a continuous or batch continuous process to cascade the
heat needs at the various temperatures.

What are typical char yields (on an ash free basis as I know rice husk
yield a lot of ash)?

Would there be enough pyrolysis offgas to run the whole process?
AJH