[Stoves] How Results Based Financing is spurring solar market development in Tanzania

Christina Espinosa christina at gentegas.com
Thu Feb 26 12:43:54 CST 2015

Hi Crispin,

This is interesting to apply to cookstoves. I like the idea. What if an
organization had a stove and had to pass through 4 phases to get the RBF.

1) Pass a minimum requirement of a lab test that met a certain standard.
2) Perform a in field test (independent of the organization) that met a
requirement (emissions).
3) Once they passed both #1 and #2 the RBF would be granted to a Phase 1
small amount and stove use monitoring (SUMS) would be conducted on a number
of stoves for 6 months.
4) If the stove use monitoring reached a XX% of adoption over the period of
time it would then qualify for Phase 2 funding through the RBF. (In order
to continue some type of metrics SUMs montoring could be run on a certain
percent of stoves to ensure adoption, or SUMs monitoring could continue
after 6 months of initial use or follow up surveys after 1 year of usage).

Thoughts?

Best,
Christina

Christina Espinosa