[Stoves] Updating your WBT and PEMS/LEMS Spreadsheet

Jiddu Broersma jiddu at praktidesign.com
Fri Feb 27 03:31:55 CST 2015

Dear Crispin,

Thank you for the updates on the calculations.

Up to now I was aware that test results are heavily influenced by fuel(type
and moisture), fire handler, environment (boiling points, temp, humidity)
and other. This is on top of wide range of testing protocols that is
available to me that produce a range of different results all with their
own claims to be suitable for different tasks, like world-wide comparison
 and/or field-prediction.

Because I do use a PEMS hood it is important for me to understand the fully
the calculations and assumptions made to deliver the report. I will
investigate (and possibly implement) the changes that you suggested. I have
two more questions related to this.

1. You give different changes for the PEMS and WBT sheets. Are the PEMS and
WBT giving different performance results for the exact same measurements
(ie. stove) now?

2. I am currently fitting the 'raw data' and 'logger data' tabs into our
own customised sheet that uses a lot of the HTP protocol. I would like to
be able to fit errors and confidence to my data, but I am unaware of the
accuracy of all parts of the calculations. Mainly the accuracy of the flow,
PM, CO and CO2 I would like to figure out. For CO and CO2 I can do a cross
check with gas analyser sampling in the same position, which I'm planning
to carry out next week. Do you have any advice/thoughts or previous
accuracy measurements you can share?

Best regards,
Jiddu

*Jiddu Broersma*