[Stoves] Vesto emissions - TLUD with Pellets

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Jan 3 18:57:28 CST 2015

Dear Ron

I do not remember the char mass in the Vesto tests. Normally the char is burned after the wood gas is coming to an end. That is accomplished by opening in the primary air /before/ the gasification is done. This sets up a charcoal gasification process.

The purpose of this sequence had nothing to do with trying to make char. It is was to create a stove that has a considerable degree of power control without removing fuel. Gasifier style burning can at any time be changed from whole fuel burning simply by increasing the air supply.

Similarly wood stacked in the chamber and burning normally can be choked of air and turned into a gasifier, though not one with an MPF‎.

Crispin and list:

        Many of us interested in TLUDs would like to also hear the weights of input pellets and output char, and your reported efficiency for this test.

Ron