[Stoves] FW: USA senate bill on stoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Jan 5 12:24:06 CST 2015

Thanks Leslie

Is the Bill holding anything up?‎ I am hoping you are at the head of the line for what is available.

The development of the sector has grown astronomically in the past four years.

Colleagues - Senator Collins' bill introduced last spring mirrored the USG commitment at the time and while it authorizes funding for the agencies mentioned in the proposed legislation, the bill remains to be enacted.  That said, the funding is for the sector at large, not the Alliance directly per se, and some of these agency funds (EPA, DOE, etc.) are already in place and moving through standard USG procurement channels to various players in the clean cookstoves and fuels sectors.  The bill was not passed in the previous Congress so Collins may introduce it again in this session.

As Ronal mentioned, the Alliance recently held its inaugural Cookstoves Future Summit in New York in November, raising more than $400 million in commitments for the sector as a whole.  You can review the specific commitments at the following link<http://www.cookstovesfuturesummit.org/commitments>.

Happy New Year,

Leslie

Leslie Black Cordes
Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships
Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves | United Nations Foundation
Tel: (202) 862-6307 US Cell: (202) 421-6812

Begin forwarded message: