[Stoves] TLUD presentations at ETHOS 2015 -with your participation

Stephen Joseph joey.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:37:04 CST 2015

Hi Paul

Thanks.  OK I have measured a lot of pyrolysis devices and I can tell you they all produce CH4 and N2O as well as NOx (NO and NO2). Concentrations vary from well under 50ppm to over 500ppm for CH4 at 8% O2.

We have just finished measuring these parameters on Mr Khois stove DK-5 along with a new larger combine biochar/rocket stove I designed with Brenton Ladd in Peru for use in restaurants and will publish some time this year. We compared this with emissions from an open fire. In this study we also measured dioxins and furans and PAH;s.

Regards
Stephen