[Stoves] Annular Crosscurrent Burner for ND-TLUD (Paul Means)

Paul Means paul at burndesignlab.org
Mon Mar 30 17:01:51 CDT 2015

Julien,
I have no problem with your use of thermocouples as a performance indicator
in your study of the Annular Crosscurrent Burner for ND-TLUD.  Granted it
might be nice to also have stove thermal efficiency, but this takes more
time and apparatus.     As I see it your work is foundational, and as such
it's is not necessary (in my opinion)  to relate everything back to a
complete stove.  You were testing the burner. The gasification rate is the
primary measure for most of this, along with your observations.  The outlet
temperature is an indicator of thermal output.  In fact what you are
sharing with the stove community, both here and at ETHOS, is the best and
most useful, fundamental research on TLUD's that I have seen.
Thank you for your dedication and contribution to the cause.
- Paul

--

*paul means *

research & testing manager

burn | life • saving • stoves

mobile: 253•569•2976

office: 253•200•1886

skype: paul.means720

web <http://burnmanufacturing.com/> | facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/BURNDesignLab?ref=hl> | linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-means/a/201/92b?trk=shareTw> | directions
<http://www.burnmfg.com/index.php/contact-us/visit>
“In the whole of world history there is always only one really significant
hour – the present…If you want to find eternity, you must serve the times.”
* - *Dietrich Bonhoeffer

*CONFIDENTIALITY: This message is intended to be private and confidential
and directed only to the person/entity as addressed above. If you are not
an addressee, you are not authorized to read, disseminate, copy or use this
email or any attachments. If you have received this message by error,
please inform us by replying to the above email address and then delete any
copies from your hard drive and mail server.*