[Stoves] Sequestering carbon -

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Tue May 5 04:02:10 CDT 2015

Thanks to Crispin and all,

yes, I have tried clay before and it works fine but these briquettes are really hard to light!

I found it takes a well lit fire below or around them to get to the point where the clay does not absorb all the energy.
Once burning, they work well but they give a lot of ash, true.

I live on an island in the Mediterranean, very touristic and with a high demand for good bbq charcoal.
So coal is out, not being available anyway.
Pity the clay as a binder is not very practical, either. It is cheap and works well as such.

I have tried ground,soaked and fermented straw. Not much good unless in high quantities but than it gives smoke.

Must try hay, someone said it works far better.

More to come!

Rolf

Energies Naturals C.B. <energiesnaturals at gmx.de>