[Stoves] big TLUD

biocharFIRST . wmknauss at gmail.com
Thu May 14 20:20:30 CDT 2015

I don't know how big you can build a TLUD.  However about three years ago I
built a 350 gallon TLUD that is working out very well, except for the fact
that we do not have a use for the sen gas where the TLUD is now located at
my home.  You can see a video at, vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kfr4NRhJ0s.

Currently we have almost completed a 500 gallon TLUD that is designed to
exhaust  all of the sen gas down a tube in the center of the tank so the
heat from the gas can easily be captured for various uses.
r be uniformly dry, and the larger the diameter of the TLUD, the greater
the chance that the pyrolysis front will not reach the hearth in all areas
at the same time.  If this happens you risk overheating tha hearth if you
wait for all the fuel to pyrolyse and burn some of the biochar.  If you
shut off the primary before pyrolysis is complete you will get some smoke
and some biomass that is not completely pyrolysed.

http://www.ithakajournal.com