[Stoves] big TLUD

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Wed May 20 13:57:04 CDT 2015

Hallo "big TLUDers",

as I see from the various experiences and comments, the cross section of a big TLUD is to some extent limited.
That means that in order to build a bigger unit, it has to grow by lenght, which in turn must enhance the resistance to the primary air flow. From Imberts we know that the relation between fuel size and hearth or throat is crucial.
There must be enough space left between the particles to allow for a adequate air/gas flow.

My question: Does anyone have a clue on the matter of fuel size in TLUDs ?

Is it possible that larger diameters ask for larger chunks which in turn provide more space between them and ideally spread the upflowing air more uniformly?

Rolf

Energies Naturals C.B. <energiesnaturals at gmx.de>