[Stoves] gasifying sawdust

Robert Lerner bajarob at gmail.com
Fri May 22 19:06:11 CDT 2015

We built a big (1M dia.) fan-forced sawdust TLUD gasifier in Costa Rica, designed by Nikolaus Foidl.

Used one blower with two butterfly valves—one to balance primary:secondary air ratio, and the other to adjust total airflow.

Worked great, though we combusted the char too, because were using the TLUD to dry & prime a 4M³ retort kiln filled with high MC wood. I have pictures.

Rob Lerner
Robert A. Lerner
Mexico cell: 415-101-4591
U.S. direct: 619-618-1248