[Stoves] examples of biochar stoves in micro enterprise?

Sujatha Srinivasan sujatha at servals.in
Sun May 31 00:03:12 CDT 2015

Thank you Crispin.

Dear Mr. Gill - Greetings from Servals, India. Good to e-meet you.

As a quick background - we are a social enterprise based in India with a
mandate around efficient, clean household cookstove based on a social
entrepreneurship based business model. www.servalsgroup.blogspot.com

I am happy to enclose a link to a cookstove program around our TLUD
gasifier cookstoves - which is currently running in Sunderbans, West Bengal
(Indo-gangetic delta in Eastern India). The largest dissemination of the
gasifier cookstove  technology till date, the first to receive a carbon
credit accredit ion, this program has also built in a "charcoal-buyback"
program - where the users of the cookstove are paid for collecting and
selling back the residue (charcoal) from the cookstove back to the project.
This "TLUD charcoal" is then sold as a replacement for fossil fuel.

We have just compiled a documentation of the socio-economic-environmental
benefits of this cookstove program. Please see this link:
http://www.slideshare.net/ashiq25/earn-while-you-cook-sunderbans-project-achievements

Happy to share more information.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards