[Stoves] Another high performance stove located

alex english aenglish444 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:03:06 CST 2015

Andrew,
The measurements made using a Wohler SM 500. It was developed to meet new
German requirments for field testing particulate emissions fromwood stoves.
The operating manual is at
http://www.woehler.de/uploads/tx_leonexdownloads/22885_BDA-Woehler_SM_500_EN.pdf
It has an interesting method of real time particulate measurement.

It was testing a one-off gravity feed pellet stove that ran all day at the
stove camp which is  shown  in a picture or two at
http://www.mha-net.org/docs/v8n2/wildac15x.htm

Here is the decoder for some of the data previously posted, followed by the
data again.
Data;O2 should be O2 avg, I think.
There are some error factors which may be explained in the manual.

I can share the entire 'as sampled' data set as a google doc if your
interested.

Alex

Variable

Description

mstf(mg)

Total suspended particulate matter mass

mst(mg/m3)

Total suspended particulate matter mass concentration in flue gas

mst60(mg/m3)

Total suspended particulate matter mass concentration in flue gas averaged
over theoretical 60 minute test

mst_O2(mg/m3)

Total suspended particulate matter mass concentration in flue gas referred
to the adjustable oxygen reference value

O2(%)

Instantaneous oxygen reading

O2_avg(%)

15 minute averaged oxygen reading

COv(ppm)

Carbon monoxide given as a 15-minute average

COv_avg(ppm)

Carbon monoxide given as a running average during a test

CON(mg/m3)

Carbon Monoxide air free concentration referred to adjustable oxygen
reference value

CON_avg(mg/m3)

Carbon Monoxide air free concentration referred to adjustable oxygen
reference value as a running average

Vols(NL/min)

Sample rate in standard liters per minute (0oC and 0% relative humidity, 1
atm Pressure)

Vol(NL)

Accumulated sample volume in standard liters
Measurement results:O2:10.6%COv:137ppmCOn:131mg/m³erw. U COn:35mg/m³COn - U:
0.096g/m³mStF:1.7mgmSt:33mg/m³mSt(O2):25mg/m³erw. U mSt(O2):9mg/m³mSt(O2) -
U:0.016g/m³Volume:44.3NlDuration:0:15:00Date:10.07.2015Uncertainty
mSt:36%Uncertainty
CO:26.5%