[Stoves] Analysis of a two-stove cooking system

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Nov 28 16:35:21 CST 2015

Crispin,

> A very important comment! Stove1 did not "produce fuel". That is a
> misconception. The fuel was produced by the forest. Stove1 extracted
> some of the energy available from the fuel and changed its appearance.
>
> No "fuel" was "produced". It was was always "fuel" and some of the
> energy was extracted - leaving half un-released. There is nothing to
> "credit". ‎
The wood comes from the forest and it is fuel.   If fuel is not
produced, then the charcoal (left over from the wood) also came from the
forest.   If it has value as fuel, charcoal should not be penalized or
discounted because it no longer has the same characteristics as wood.

**********
This discussion might never end.   And certainly the debate about
crediting stoves with production of BIOCHAR will assure debate for a
very long time.   "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." "Efficiency is
in the calculations of whoever finalizes the definition of
efficiency."     But in the end, the stove user at the household level
will have a lot to say about what stove is or is not acceptable, with
efficiencies (plural) being just some fraction of the full consideration.

Moving on.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com