[Stoves] Small clean burning TLUD

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Nov 30 18:16:04 CST 2015

The name on the file tells it all: TLUD burning pellets. I was running the whole time at constant power. I wanted to know how long it could do that. The power is low of course. The stove is small.

The interesting thing is is that the heat transfer efficiency is so high. That number is for the most of the duration. Pretty impressive, eh?

Dear Crispin,

So no task actually being done but determined by the energy delivered (when constant) to the task?   Knowing how much energy the task usually takes determines if the stove will complete the task is the plan?

You have the start weight of the fuel and the ending weight of the fuel. In the center you pick a spot and measure the start and end weights when the stove is working well to represent the cooking power.

Real simple and nice. Good for batch stoves and I am sure the calculations (mass) can be adjusted for when adding more fuel for other types. I don’t think it matters if the power is constant during the run as long as you Start and End at each ends. And the cooking power section is large enough to cover all the differences in weight changes.  The rate-of-change picked to represent cooking power is the biggest variable and having it cover all but the front end and final end as the fire dies down should take care of that (as you do).

 What type of stove and fuel?

Regards

Frank