[Stoves] cattle dung processing on a locally sustainiable small scale basis

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 01:08:42 CDT 2015

Dear Stanley,
we tried washing cattle dung in a sieve, but at least in the case of
Indian dairy cattle (cows as well as buffalos), no residue was left on
the sieve after washing. The sieve that we used had a very fine
stainless steel mesh which was even finer than a normal
mosquito-proofing mesh. Fibres could be obtained from the dung of
horses and donkeys which are non-ruminant animals. Dung of elephants
and pandas might also yield fibres.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)