[Stoves] ruminating on dung

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Sat Oct 10 08:59:59 CDT 2015

Dear A.D.

TEST:
             If you put on the seeve a paper or glasfiber  labo filter of 30 cm Sleichter & Schul  or test newspaper then only the soluble minerals (and coffie ) are washed out .
       The half part , you dry ,weighing end make  burn testing .
Other half part you treat with HCl 3N to dissolve the Calcium ,. filter and wash 3x ,weighing ,burning
See the difference in weight and flame
The two ashes treat with HCl and filter and wash both. On labo scale .
See if the remaining is SiO2 from plants, few micron size  or sand 200 micron .

     Compare with Indian grass burned ash !
It is difficult to burn too due no gasification but only glowing .
Much ash, probably CaO on soft grass and some SiO2 on cutting- grass

Regards
P.F.