[Stoves] BIOFUEL STOVES

Philip Lloyd plloyd at mweb.co.za
Tue Oct 27 05:22:48 CDT 2015

For liquid fuels to combust cleanly, you need a relatively well-mixed flame.
It is very difficult to achieve with cooking oil, which tends to pyrolyse
before it vaporizes.  Essentially, to get it to burn cleanly, you need some
form of atomizer, forced primary air and pre-heated secondary air. I once
tried a diesel burner of the stuff, and it was still burned very dirty.

Prof Philip Lloyd

Energy Institute

Cape Peninsula University of Technology

PO Box 1906