[Stoves] Request for proposals: Medical Waste Incinerator for Humanitarian Emergencies from Innocentive

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 08:30:01 CDT 2015

On 6 September 2015 at 13:40, Paul Anderson <psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> To all,
>
> If you are considering doing this, you should first check the details about
> what you are giving up if you should happen to win.   This is akin to the
> Virgin Earth Challenge.   THEY end up with a set of rights and the proposer
> gets some money.   But if you do not win, they still have some lingering
> rights that you might not like.

It's right you should flag this up Paul, I do think it is a worthy
case for discussion and thank Michal for bringing it to our attention.
I personally have no qualms about putting some ideas for open
discussion and  results  into the public domain.

I would be interested in seeing the specification the device must
reach, is it something like 1200C for 1 second for the flue gases,
what about the ash, what temperature must this achieve?

As medical wastes are bound to have a high water content and if they
want to avoid too much support fuel the problem is probably similar to
ones face by crematoria which nowadays are sequential batch devices.

AJH