[Stoves] Clean coal burning stoves Re: History of clean Chinese stove development.

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:15:26 CDT 2015

[Default] On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:55:14 -0400,Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

>Coal is a biomass fuel.

Let's be clear on this, as far as I am concerned coal is not a biomass
fuel.

It may be a fuel that was derived  from biomass millions of years ago
but it was locked away as far as the carbon cycle was concerned and
being "fossilised" and not in a cycle it meant that it was locked out,
just as limestone locked carbon from the atmosphere. Without these
mechanisms life as we know it would not have existed.

I don't want to debate  the results of burning fossil fuels but
neither do I think the contribution from fossil fuel cookstoves is
significant compared with our "western" lifestyle's usage.

I'll sit on the fence as to whether the energy in char should be
allowed for.

Now let's stick to the topic or butt out.

AJH