[Stoves] Fwd: Why I'm introducing the President today:

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 18:42:40 CDT 2016

Lists (especially members in developing countries)

	I listened for about 1.5 hours this AM to the live broadcast below - which was still available a few minutes ago (skip 35 minutes ahead).   I was impressed by both the program described and the roughly half dozen young Africans who were able to ask questions.  We on these lists don’t usually have a way of describing ways that the US can help support young stove and biochar enthusiasts.   This below might be a way.  Today was only about attendees from Africa, but there are other regions (some below) being run through our State Department.   I heard that YALI has 250,000 members.  The Americas and Southeast Asia (and maybe there are others) seem much smaller.  The video below is only for Africa (I think only 2 countries excluded).

	My hope is that those reading this will try to make this program known to eligibles (Age 25-35) - hopefully themselves.  Then maybe we can meet when they are accepted  (as I think their interests will fit in well).

Ron

https://yali.state.gov/yali-network/ <https://yali.state.gov/yali-network/>
https://yali.state.gov/courses/climate-3/ <https://yali.state.gov/courses/climate-3/>
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/07/28/background-fact-sheet-president-s-young-african-leaders-initiative-yali <https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/07/28/background-fact-sheet-president-s-young-african-leaders-initiative-yali>
https://ylai.state.gov/about-ylai/ <https://ylai.state.gov/about-ylai/>
https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/regional-exchanges/ <https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/regional-exchanges/>