[Stoves] Offtopic: Malawi and responsibility (Andrew, Roger)

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 08:53:19 CST 2016

On 11 December 2016 at 14:00, <cec1863 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Until the dispersed virtual stove community ‎of experts and practitioners
> gets desperate enough to overcome it's present disunity and agree on
> metrics and standards, the clever priesthood of stoves and their tribal
> rulers will remain large and in charge: "Stovers of the world unite.....we
> have nothing to loss but our powerlessness!"

Cecil

I like the analogy but Orwell's book, Animal Farm, suggests that after the
war to displace the authoritarian regime and the incomers have fought each
other for succession then the new ruling class become their own despots
with equally  unwieldy and unequal  regimes.

Real life suggests this has been so for various revolutions.

Education strikes me as being the way forward and we may be nearing halfway
to that in UK, and I can vouch for the fact that petty corruption and
nepotism thrive here.