[Stoves] report with disappointing results from cleaner cookstoves

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:07:56 CST 2016

Dear Crispin, Andrew,

Thanks for your clarifications about your point of view.
So to summarize, you think there is nothing wrong with the study or its
methodology. In that case you disagree with Nikhil who//thinks this
study is plain rubbish.

Then it seems to me we should be grateful to the study authors. We have
to give credit when credit is due. This study gives some serious
indications that improved cookstoves may not have a positive impact on
pneumonia, that's a good progress.
Now, we need to know if improved cookstoves can have a positive impact
on other diseases.

Dear Jock,

/"The problem I see is that we are too focused on stove technology. We
are not looking at the context in which the problems exist."
/Indeed. We are interested in solving problems in the first place, not
to make stoves for the sake of making stoves. We need to zoom out from
time to time, to see if what we do still make sense./

/Xavier