[Stoves] 100 technologies under $100

Rebecca A. Vermeer ravermeer at telus.net
Mon Feb 1 16:39:37 CST 2016

Dear Crispin,
What a gold mine of lives-improving information you have passed on !!!  Thank you so much, Crispin.  There is much to glean from it that will benefit the poor in the Philippines.  But let me start with the simple STOVE INSERT called Mewar Angithi (MA).  I would like to try this insert in my eco-kalan stove to see how much more improvement I can get from my stove by simply replacing the clay parilla with  the metal MA.  But before I make this grate, could you please give me your opinion on the following matters:

1.  Will I be infringing on other people's intellectual property rights?

2.  Can this grate be made readily from an ordinary machine shop?  What special tools will be required?

I will be leaving for the Philippines mid February for the inauguration of our Project's second Eco-Kalan Kitchen, Livelihood and Feeding Center in the Kalipay Village, Barangay Capayawan, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental.  The new village has 340 households, all relocated from Lacawon Island where their homes were totally destroyed by Typhoon Haiyan (locally called Yolanda) in November 2013.

Regards,
Rebecca