[Stoves] Sticks-cutting DIY-gadget

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Thu Feb 18 15:56:12 CST 2016

Dear Paul and all,  woodcutters,

just today I had cut a lot of earlier pruned sticks into pieces.
My simple gadget:
I clamped my pruning-scissors between two short latches.
These are screwed onto a planck.
  When in use, I fasten the planck by a C-clamp on a suitable low table.
- The fastened/clamped arm of the pruning-scissors I  block by two mullers.

By that very simple "gadget" it is very comfortable to cut branches, which would by difficult and with a lot more effort to manage with "rose-scissors".
I recommend strongly for that gadget, that you add another latch, that you protects, not to coming too close to the scissor-blades. That latch can be added by another C-clamp.
If you add another latch as stopper on the side, which is to cut off, you get equal-long cut peaces.
Naturally that is more or less to do at home, and it is no comfort to take with, like your recommended commercial tool. I guess, the tool you asked about, is easier to handle than rose-scissors; - and that is necessary.

Anyhow, someone of the stovers, self pruning trees, could be interested in my pruning-scissors-gadget.

By the way, cutting wood in longitudinal direction:
  In former times I had difficulties to split "exactly!" small logs (loggies??) in midst.
to get pencil-sticks or half of them. By that, I had always a little bit fear to hit one of my fingers.

 Happily since long time I solved the problem, just by handling "loggy" and axle the (for me simplified) right way. - I guess that most of the stovers are handier than I, or have found self the trick to do it different than by big logs.

Regards
Martin