[Stoves] Forced Draft TLUD with vortex

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 13:31:22 CST 2016

Professor Nurhuda:  cc List

    1.  Thanks for sharing this short video showing “vortex combustion”.  Several questions:

	a.  Any emission test results?

	b.  You say below “till the charcoal burning”. Assuming you have a char-making stove, does this mean that the vortex ceases when the pyrolysis front has reached the bottom?

	c.  Could this vortex be achieved with natural draft?

	d.  Assuming there my be some patent and IT issues here - what more can you say about air hole placement that might encourage others?

    2.  We have not yet heard on why an earlier TLUD stove in at least one place in Indonesia had achieved a number-one ranking.  Did it have anything to do with the produced char being used as biochar?  Is this new “vortex flame” stove headed for the same market?

Ron