[Stoves] Forced Draft TLUD with vortex

Muhammad Nurhuda mnurhuda.ub at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:10:21 CST 2016

Dear Prof. Larson and all,

1. We still do not perform any test. We just completed with IP registration
this week,  But sure we will send sample stoves to YDD or any laboratory
for test.

2. Our forced draft stove is not pyrolitic but  gasification-based . The
primary fuel is pellet, but can be used also for palm kernel shell and
other granular. I still do not  test for wood.  It means that a part of air
is blown as primary air. We followed the combustion process from beginning
till the end and found that the vortex is consistent. The charcoal is also
burnt well, leaving only the 'die char'.

3. The vortex can not be achieved with natural draft, except we use tall
chimney instead of fan. But I still do not try this.
For natural draft, I think it is not necessary to implement vortex
combustion mechanism. The counter flow combustion model as implementing in
UB/Prime for granular is good enough. Please check the link below to see
what a progress we made on natural draft combustion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNq_ZBjxCR4&feature=youtu.be

4. The vortex stove is not yet available in market. But we plan soon, first
production around 1000 units.

Regards
M. Nurhuda

Professor Nurhuda:  cc List

    1.  Thanks for sharing this short video showing “vortex combustion”.
Several questions:

a.  Any emission test results?

b.  You say below “till the charcoal burning”. Assuming you have a
char-making stove, does this mean that the vortex ceases when the pyrolysis
front has reached the bottom?

c.  Could this vortex be achieved with natural draft?

d.  Assuming there my be some patent and IT issues here - what more can you
say about air hole placement that might encourage others?

    2.  We have not yet heard on why an earlier TLUD stove in at least one
place in Indonesia had achieved a number-one ranking.  Did it have anything
to do with the produced char being used as biochar?  Is this new “vortex
flame” stove headed for the same market?

Ron