[Stoves] Nozzles for TLUDs Re: venturi system -ratios of air and gas?

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 11 20:50:58 CST 2016

Julien,

I really like the potential of you counter-current entry of secondary
air (before the air enters into the chamber;  not downward inside the
chamber).

But the Adair variation has the secondary air entering laterally and
mixing in with the gases.   But the downward side of the hourglass
requires that the air/gas mixture (which could be flaming) must move
downward that inch or two to go under the lower lip of the hourglass.

So it is not the same as your counter-current.  The two approaches could
be combined, if desired.

Does the hourglass work?  Kevin's experiences indicate that it helps
reduce blackening of the pots.   Work needs to be done.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com